On this page you find the FAQ’s for the qualifier. If you can’t find an answer, please drop us an email at email@example.com. We will update this page frequently.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ONLINE SCORE?
You can do this in one of two ways. From the main menu on Competition Corner of from the leaderboard.
FROM THE MAIN MENU
- Go to www.competitioncorner.net
- Sign In (using the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS you registered with, if you forgot your password, click here)
- Expand the side menu bar and click “Submit Score”
- Select a workout
- Submit your score
FROM THE LEADERBOARD
- Go to the leaderboard
- Click ‘Workout Details’ for the workout you want to submit to
- Click Submit Scores
IS THERE A DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MY SCORE?
Athletes can submit their scores until 2nd September 2018 21:00 CET.
Judges have 24 hours after the Workout deadline to validate the athletes score at the latest.
It is the athlete and judge responsibility to have the scores validated on time.
DO I NEED TO SUBMIT A VIDEO LINK?
Not all athletes are asked to provide video’s of their workouts. There are two groups that must provide video evidence. These are:
- Athletes who qualify for the finals will be asked to submit a video of all three workouts of the qualifier.
- If the workouts are not performed at an official CrossFit affiliate a video registration and submission is always required.
It is the responsibility of the athlete to film his or her workouts.
I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO SUBMIT A VIDEO LINK
- First upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Google Drive, Dropbox, or iCloud.
- Get a shareable link
- Log into Competition Corner
- Go to My Competitions
- Click on your Event
- Click on the Workouts tab
- Click on the workout you’re being asked to provide a video link for.
- Click “Change”
- Add your link and submit your change.
Please note, that video should match the score you originally submitted.
VIDEO RECORDING TIPS
THE TECHNICAL STUF
- Don’t use music with copyright protection, it may be blocked.
- If you are new to YouTube, by default YouTube requires you to request a limit increase to upload a video longer than 15 minutes. To do so, follow the instructions in the link below – https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en
- Make sure your video is set for PUBLIC or UNLISTED viewing
- If you’re using a phone, set it to airplane mode to avoid unwanted interruptions during filming.
- Ensure your filming device has enough battery life and memory to film the entire WOD.
- Athlete should state name, division, affiliate, date and time.
- All equipment used must be shown (per event details).
- A timer must be in sight at all times (tip: if gym timer not available use a tablet. There’s several free apps you can download)
- If a video is required for submission, upload videos with plenty of time to spare, uploading large video files can take a long time!
- We support link YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud or Microsoft Drive links.
- If you run into technical issues uploading to the video platform, please contact that platforms support directly. Uploading issues are outside our or Competition Corner’s control.
I’VE JUDGED AND NOW HAVE TO VALIDATE. HOW?
So you just received an email to validate your athletes performance for an online qualifier, what now? Once the athlete is done submitting their online score, they will add you as the judge. An email is sent to you to log in and validate that score on behalf of that athlete.
Here’s what will happen:
- You receive your email, it’ll have an email subject of “A score is awaiting validation for <Event Name>“
- Click the VALIDATE SCORE button in the email to review and validate their score.
- Click on the Workout tab, and review the athlete’s score.
- You can view the Workout Description, Review the Standards Video and See the Deadline Date
- You can Reject or Accept the Athlete’s score at this point.
- If you Reject Athlete’s score, you can provide a reason. They will receive a notification to re-submit their score and their score will be removed from the leaderboard
- If you Accept the Athlete’s score, their unofficial annotation next to their score will be removed from the leaderboard.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS MUST THE JUDGE HAVE?
Previous experience judging at competitions and/or the CrossFit Online Judges Course are not required but recommended to have a better chance of being the beter judge.
Please keep in mind: the judge is essential for keeping the standards high. Please take your role serious. Don’t bro-rep because you know the athlete and they are trying so hard. It’s a rep or it’s a no-rep. It’s that simple. As a judge you are part of the proces of finding the fittest athlete. Don’t bro-rep your buddy into the situation where the video is invalidated because of bro-reps: it’s not good for your buddy and it’s not good for you.